Saturday 17 December 2016

Squirrel Gift Bag

It's something a bit different from me today, because I've tried to stamp onto a small jute bag that I have used as a gift bag.

And when I say 'tried' to stamp, I really do mean 'tried' because it was harder than I thought it would be.

I knew that my usual reinkers would not work for the colouring, nor would Copics, so I bought a basic set of acrylic paints which did actually work, but even so, still wasn't easy!

I purposely chose a small, simple stamp because I knew the colouring would be difficult and I'm glad I did!

The shading isn't great.  Well, I attempted some shading, but it looks non-existent really.  Well, the thought was there!

Finally, I had to re-draw the features of his face with a black glaze pen because they disappeared underneat the acrylic paint!




Here's a close up of the little critter:




Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
  • Simon's Wednesday Challenge - Gift It
Happy crafting
Annette
xx




8 comments:

Suze said...

This is so cool Netty. I love it and think it was definitely worth the effort you put into to it. Hope the recipient appreciates it.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Well it was worth the effort, looks fabulous and very cute and unique x

Sarah said...

What a super gift bag Annette and well done you for perseverance!! xx

Carol S. said...

You would choose the hardest, most textured fabric you could!!! And it worked! Well done and a gorgeous gift. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Christine L said...

Clever you trying something so different.... and I think it turned out really well!! You always amaze me with your ideas... I tend to feel very boring after I visit your blog!! LOL!

Christine x

Larissa said...

Wow this is really amazing! This is the perfect gift!

-xxx-

Teresa Kline said...

hello annette! super cute gift bag, sweetly done! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Unknown said...

What a fab idea and so well done! The shading looks good to me!
Lucy x